Saturday, October 11, 2008

#77: Eat at The Salt Lick

Completed 08/30/08
Don't you just love it when you've written a nice, long, well-composed entry and then your husband kills the power to your laptop? No, you don't? Well, I'll never.

Anyway, here's the short version:
1. About three years ago, we stumbled upon The Salt Lick's BBQ sauce in the grocery. It was super-fab and I knew that we'd have to visit the restaurant.
2. The restaurant is in Driftwood, Texas, about 45 minutes to an hour from our home in Austin.
3. It's located in a dry county. Yes, we like our liquor that much, thank you.
4. My parents were coming to visit, so I used the opportunity to drag everyone out of the house at 10:30am with a cooler full of beer for a BBQ feast.

It. Was. Awesome.

I'd supply some photos of my own, except my mother has yet to share with me. It's a rustic little house with a big ol' bar-b-que pit in the front/side and a large dining room in the middle. The brisket was perfectly seasoned and tender. It even beat out the ribs as my favorite part of the plate. Visiting The Salt Lick is totally worth the drive, 100%. It's really truly in the middle of the sticks and we're planning to go back again when The Husband's brother visits next week.

The Salt Lick

Update: 10/29/08
As I wrote above, we did go back to The Salt Lick when V, The Husband's brother, came to visit. It's still awesome and here's some photos:



No comments: