Saturday, December 20, 2008

#36: Decorate for Christmas

Completed: 12-06-08
It should be no secret that both the Husband and I love this holiday season. We love the parties, the decorations, the food and wine, the family and friends.

Even before we had our house, we would decorate our little apartments (separately before we lived together and together after we did) with small things that reminded us of our families and Christmastime.

Although we had already moved into our current home last year, it didn't make much sense to put too much effort into decorating for the holiday, since we weren't going to be there for most of it. Silly people running off to be married 3 days after Christmas.

So, when I made my 101 in 1001 list, I knew that decorating for Christmas *had* to be on it. Regardless of the Husband's protests (they were feeble anyway), a real live tree was a must-have. It's our first together and I'm very happy at how it turned out.

Also, he surprised me with the beautiful lights on the exterior of the house. It quite literally made me squee with happiness when I saw them. What can I say? I'm easy to please. ;-)










No comments: