Monday, March 16, 2009

#68: Go to the eye doctor

Completed: 03-13-09

Similar to #67 (Go to the dentist), this item made its way onto the 101 list because I had gone to an eye doctor about 3 years ago, didn't like said eye doctor, changed insurance, went to a new eye doctor, liked new eye doctor, changed insurance again, new eye doctor not on new insurance, therefore no eye doctor.

I know. Woe is me.

So, I had put off going to have my eyes checked out because I didn't want to go back to old eye doctor, yet I couldn't find a new new eye doctor who was A) less than 30 mins away (and I don't live in the boonies, people) and B) on current insurance.

Eventually (as in last week), I sucked it up and made an appointment at the old eye doctor's practice, but with a new doctor. Whoa.

And, I like her. She's young-ish, smart and doesn't make me feel bad for being cheap. I don't want to drop $500 on new frames when my old ones are just fine, thankyouverymuch. And she fully supports that, which is something the old doctor did not. ::eye roll::

This completed item means that the next one (#69: order new contacts) is in progress. New eye doctor at old practice gave me two different brands to try (one in left eye, one in right), so as soon as my follow-up appointment is done I'll be able to check #69 off, too. Woot woot.

No comments: