Friday, July 31, 2009

On a losing streak.

I'm not sure what it is, but things are just not going my way lately. In the grand scheme of things, none of it's a big deal. Still, I'm beginning to wonder if I need an aura cleanse or some other hippie treatment to shift my chi/karma/vibezzz or whatever.

First, it was Franks. Then there was that week o' bizarreness. Since then it's just been one fail after another.

Here are the highlights (or lowlights, if you will):
-- Red Velvet Cheesecake from Cheesecake Factory. If you think it sounds good, so did I! But noooo. For $7.50/piece, go for the Godiva slice.
-- Baby Mama. A few good giggles here and there, but not as fab as Amy P. and Tina F. should have been.

-- Blogging about the Newcomb College suit and incorrectly stating whose bequest founded the school for whom. Oh dear lord. I knew which Newcomb gave the funds and why, yet got it wrong anyway.
-- Scones that tasted like a spoonful of baking powder. I questioned the recipe but followed it anyway. The reward was 11.5 scones straight into the trash. Sad.

The weekend is juuuuust around the corner and I can't wait. Nothing tres exciting planned, but the opportunity to sleep in, go to the gym (I swear I'm gonna do it!) and clean the house means a chance to turn my losing streak into a win. (Uh, Bride Wars notwithstanding. It's already at the house and I've been forwarned to not expect much. Sooo, after that, full of win. I demand it.)

2 comments:

Patty Ann said...

oh geez I've had one of these weeks myself. i guess we can't be wonderful ALL the time...

Elizabeth Marie said...

Oh amen girl...I am right there with you. I hope you have a great weekend and feel lots better. I need a karmic cleanse or a stiff drink asap. :)

Fekkai stuff is AHHHMAZING.