Thursday, February 19, 2009

Forget January 19th

Call it a vent, a complaint, a whine or whathaveyou, but I have had it up to here with 2009. ::waves hand frantically above head::

And, today, it seems I have reached the end of my rapidly fraying rope. Thus, February 19th, shall be marked as my most depressing day of 2009.

I'd love to elaborate on all things (cough, work, cough, co-irkers, cough) currently shorting my fuse, but I'd also love to not be
dooced, so the list shall remain short and vague.

1. My fellow commuters' mothers failed to impart any sort of manners to their children, thus they are all selfish cows who fail to realize that they are not the only ones attempting to get somewhere between the hours of 7:00am-9:00am and 4:30pm-6:30pm. Also, it seems that the person administering their drivers licenses was blind, deaf and dumb.

2. Vacation days are in short supply, sick leave days doubly so.

3. The "economy" is making everyone a bit more bonkers and they were plenty bonkers enough to begin with. The sky is not falling, my dear chicken little. In fact, we are doing just as well as we did this time last year. Let us not freak out until it really becomes necessary, m'kay?

4. Not having a personal masseuse on retainer at all times.

5. Playstation 3.

6. New people at the gym have not yet realized that the following behaviors are better left in the privacy of their own homes:

a. de-hairing their hair brushes and leaving the evidence on the locker room floor
b. heavy breathing
c. copious sweating all over the machines and not wiping afterwards

7. Did I say short? I'm a lying liar pants.

8. My anemic bank account and my robust student loan payments.

9. Leggings with zippers at the knees appearing at NY Fashion Week. Just. No.

10. Lack of mandated nap time after pre-K. Boo.

No comments: